Thursday, November 21, 2013

Movie Review "R.I.P.D. Rest in Peace Department"

Movie:  R.I.P.D Rest in Peace Department (2013) Sci-Fi, Action, Comedy, Crime



Studio: Universal

Rating: PG-13

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak

Director: Robert Schwentke

DVD:  Family Video rental with extra content.  Deleted and alternate scenes, gag reel and making of featurette.

Audio:  5.1 Dolby Digital

Video:  16x9 widescreen in 2.35:1 ratio

When Boston cop Nick (Ryan Reynolds) gets killed by his partner Hayes (Kevin Bacon) on a drug raid he is suddenly recruited by the R.I.P.D to protect those same streets against an evil plot of the undead.  While working with his new R.I.P.D. partner Roy (Jeff Bridges) he discovers that the chaos may hit very close to home.

This movie reminded me quite a bit of the Men In Black trilogy, but with a unique new twist.  The special effects were very good.  If you like science fiction this movie is a fun watch.

IMDB rating:  5.5 out of 10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790736/?ref_=nv_sr_1

My rating:  3 out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment